Saturday, September 12, 2009

Long, busy, wonderful day!

Today started fairly early for me - 8 am is when I got up. Simon & I got ready and left the house by 9 am. We got to Lourdes for the Walk for Life around 9 30 am. Once we arrived & checked in, we mingled w/ all the people we knew there. Krystal, her mom, & grandma - as well as the whole crew from St. Alphonsus & St. Elizabeth - were there. Lucas went with his dad to a car show. My mom & dad were there & had brought Evan & Corbin so Chris & Jill could walk with them. We were a little disappointed b/c our police escort didn't show up on time. However, the walk went off without a hitch. Mom & I only walked 1/2 way (all the way to Wesleyan Park Plaza, but not back). Simon stayed in his red wagon w/ Chris, Jill, Evan, & Corbin and finished the walk. The St. Alphonsus group won the T-shirt contest again! I was so glad they gave me a shirt too! Simon & I unofficially joined their group right before the walk. We had a great time.

I left Simon w/ mom & dad so I could do some resting before my reunion. I'm not very good at resting though. I started getting restless, but I did lay down & rest for a good while. Then it seemed like no time at all & I needed to start getting ready. Beauty does take time - especially when you're 6 months pregnant & bald! ;-)

We got to the reunion & it was great to see so many people from the class of 1999! Everyone looked great & seemed to have a great time. We had a great turn-out it appeared. I was kind of worried whether people would actually remember me. I was pretty much a wall-flower in high school. I had my steady boyfriend, my horses, my athletics, & my academics. I didn't do much else. However, it seems like everyone at least had a passing knowledge of me & me of them. The internet is great for that kind of thing too! It also seemed like my class has been very producive at creating the next generation! Lots of us either already have kids or have one on the way! It's wonderful to see that! I think Andrew even had a decent time. It was early when we left, but it had been a full day & a good day, so that's what matters!

We came home & picked Simon up from mom & dad's. I think he was glad to see us, but it was hard to tell. He's been a bit fragile lately. We're not sure whether its his allergy (that we're not 100% sure if or what it is) or if there's something else going on with him. When we finally got home he didn't want to settle back down. Andrew has a sneaking suspicion that Simon is actually somewhat allergic to the steriod, like Andrew is. He was wailing and just unhappy no matter what we did. Finally Andrew held him in the recliner until he calmed down & went to sleep. He's in his bed now, quiet and sleeping. Hopefully he'll stay that way. Now I just have to convince Rachel not to beat me up too badly tonight!

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Smiling already at 2 weeks

Smiling already at 2 weeks
Rachel has been smiling as a response to other people since day one.

And two shall become one...

And two shall become one...
In 2006, Andrew & I became one before God and family! Shortly thereafter we became 3 with the birth of Simon in 2008... Then 4 with the addition of Rachel in 2009!

Erika's Miracle Journey Continues's Fan Box