Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Birth plans

I figured this was a good place to store my birth plan for Rachel...

My plan this time is:
1) No inducement/augmentation before Nov. 18 (the day Andrew & I met), preferably not b/4 Nov 23 (St. Rachel's feast-day) or my EDD of Nov 26 (Thanksgiving). We need to do everything in our power to make sure I don't go into labor any earlier than Oct 22. PLEASE unless absolutely necessary NO C-section!
2) Have pedi do extremely thorough check of Rachel to ensure no underlying problems caused by chemo. Dr. Houston is already on board for this!
3) Make sure I don't bleed to death or get an infection. Be sure to check my blood levels and administer anything necessary to keep both me & Rachel healthy. Chemo is hell, but losing a baby at that point and/or my life would be even worse!
4) Epidural ASAP please - all these procedures I've had lately w/o anesthesia SUCK!!!
5) Hubby is only one allowed in room until well *AFTER* I'm cleaned, stitched (if necessary) and ready.
6) Dr. King is allowed *NOWHERE* near me unless I'm absolutely dying & he is the *only* person who can save me.
7) My mom is my substitute if DH can't help me through labor & delivery. MIL is to stay out in the waiting area!
8) Let's get this baby out safely & deal w/ what comes as it comes!
9) I want as much contact as soon as possible w/ Rachel, but if I'm exhausted Andrew can do what he feels is best! I'd love to be able to give her the 1st bottle she ever gets!
10) THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! To everyone for helping me through all this!

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Smiling already at 2 weeks

Smiling already at 2 weeks
Rachel has been smiling as a response to other people since day one.

And two shall become one...

And two shall become one...
In 2006, Andrew & I became one before God and family! Shortly thereafter we became 3 with the birth of Simon in 2008... Then 4 with the addition of Rachel in 2009!

Erika's Miracle Journey Continues's Fan Box