Thursday, November 26, 2009

Rachel has arrived!!!!


Late last night (after stuffing myself w/ turkey & other Thanksgiving goodies), we ended up going to L&D to check on some bleeding I was having (10 -11 pm). I wasn't in hard labor, but I was definitely having contractions. Since I was due in for my augmentation at 6 am they just kept me. I hadn't made any progress yet though. Around 3 or 4 am the contractions got really painful and really close together. I made some progress (finally). They finally gave me my epidural & the pain went away! When they checked again I had gone from 4 cm to 7 cm in just a matter of getting the epidural. My water didn't completely break, but I did have some fluid loss. By the time Dr. Briones arrived around 7 am to check me, my water broke and I was already fully dilated! After 3 contractions, Rachel arrived - all 8 lbs 4 oz and 20 inches of her! She's got a little bit of curly black hair. Her eyes are a little bit swollen from the delivery, but otherwise she's absolutely perfect! I'm doing well also! I'll post photos as soon as I get some available.




4 comments:

Therese said...

congratulations. Enjoy your babymoon.

Nancy said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful little girl! I'm so happy for your family!
Take good care and REST!!!

Josh said...

Hi! My name is Josh and I am a reporter at FOX 7. We were hoping to do a news story about your remarkable story. I understand you gave birth yesterday and we were looking to speak with you. If you, or someone close to you could give us a call, the number is (812) 433-5573. Thanks so much and I look forward to hearing from you! :)

Kate Wicker said...

Congratulations! Talk about a memorable Thanksgiving. Rachel is beautiful (and having a daughter with that same name, she has lovely moniker, too!).

Oh, and how exciting that they want to feature you on the news!

God bless. Enjoy your little miracle.

Total Pageviews

Smiling already at 2 weeks

Smiling already at 2 weeks
Rachel has been smiling as a response to other people since day one.

And two shall become one...

And two shall become one...
In 2006, Andrew & I became one before God and family! Shortly thereafter we became 3 with the birth of Simon in 2008... Then 4 with the addition of Rachel in 2009!

Erika's Miracle Journey Continues's Fan Box