Friday, April 23, 2010

Whew - one full week down!

Wow! I've completed a full week of work... Its been a doozy as I catch up on my old training articles & experiments. In a way I LOVE this type of work b/c its closer to my research roots than my actual job is. However, I've read all these articles before & done all these experiments before too, so its a bit dull. However, I'm trying to keep an open mind & not refer to my old notes too much!

The kids had a great week too I think. They were at my mother-in-law's Monday & Tuesday. It was the 1st time she had them both at the same time. It was also the first time she had Rachel w/o me there! I think she was quite exhausted by the time Tuesday afternoon came around! Then mom had them by themselves until today. So they got lots of individualized attention this week! Next week they'll be at my mother-in-law's together on Monday, then they'll get split between my husband's father & his mother (they're divorced & both remarried) for Tuesday. Then my mom will have them the rest of the week.

Rachel is taking to eating rice cereal like a champ. I think I'm going to try to make some mashed bananas tomorrow from the almost ruined ones we bought last weekend. I'm going to look for an online recipe b/c I'm not 100% sure if I just mash them, or if I need to add some kind of fluid (formula?) to them too.

We're trying to start potty-training Simon this weekend. I'm not sure its going to work. I had him in regular underwear tonight & he peed in them twice in a row! He's just not really understanding. He's also *really* sensitive about being scolded for wetting his pants. So I'm trying to make it so I only praise him, but he's never actually used the potty in my house. He did it yesterday for mom though. So, hopefully he'll figure it out quickly!

3 comments:

confused homemaker said...

D-man took well to mashed bananas, I hope she does too. It's definitely nice when you can use the food that you already have to feed baby :)

Nancy said...

You survived your first week! Yah!
All of you will be into a routine pretty soon and hopefully it won't be so exhausting! Listen to your body though, Erika. Make sure you get as much rest as you can. You are awesome!

Anonymous said...

What kind of work do you do? You stated you have to go to court? I am sure you feel good, but let wear you body out. Your still in a fragile state!! Good luck with everything!!

Total Pageviews

Smiling already at 2 weeks

Smiling already at 2 weeks
Rachel has been smiling as a response to other people since day one.

And two shall become one...

And two shall become one...
In 2006, Andrew & I became one before God and family! Shortly thereafter we became 3 with the birth of Simon in 2008... Then 4 with the addition of Rachel in 2009!

Erika's Miracle Journey Continues's Fan Box